Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful

I'm thankful for John.

He is such an amazing husband and father and I'm so blessed to have him in my life.

He is my life partner and I'm so thankful that I have such a loving, warm, strong, supportive man by my side.

He understands my quirks, supports me through everything, loves me unconditionally, and is always there for me.

I'm blessed with the family and home we've created together. He's such a hands-on guy. As we make our house more of a home, I love that he wants to do things himself... no handyman needed. Any little thing that needs to be tweaked, fixed, or how to connect or set up something- he knows how to do it. I love that prefers to build things for our house when I show him cute things in catalogs we could buy. He's making his own work bench and shelves and is currently making our own personalized bean bag toss boards! How awesome is that? It may not mean anything for anyone else... but I love it!

I'm thankful that John is such an amazing father. I always knew he was going to be a great dad...but to see it first hand is awesome. From the day Finley was born- John has been there- to hold her, rock her, change diapers, feed and bathe her, and to play with. Finley lights up when he walks in the room and no one makes her laugh like her daddy does. Finley and I are pretty lucky.

I love that he loves my family and enjoys spending time with them.... I know we can be a bit overwhelming at times ;) One big example of John's love for my family is how he supported Katie through her half marathon training and was by her side for the whole race. It was a beautiful thing to witness.

I could go on and on about all of John's great qualities, how he's a great husband, father, brother, son, etc...... I could write all afternoon... he's that wonderful of a guy.

Thank you God for bringing John into my life and blessing me with such an amazing husband and blessing Finley with such an amazing daddy.

We love you John.

No comments:

Post a Comment